Paid $329CAD down from $449CAD. It’s a must for any hiker in the backcountry with an SOS button if an accident happens. Using satellite, you are always in touch with emergency responders. You can also use it to communicate with other hikers and also send messages to people back home. Right now, we don’t think we need two of them and one for each of us. Maybe we can find one to borrow… or buy and sell right after if we can find one for a good deal.
In Depth Video below:
Fit Global Connectivity Into Your Palm
- Small, rugged, lightweight satellite communicator enables two-way text messaging via 100% global Iridium® satellite network (satellite subscription required)
- Trigger an interactive SOS to the 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center (satellite subscription required)
- Access downloadable maps, U.S. NOAA charts, color aerial imagery and more by using the free Garmin Earthmate® app and compatible devices
- Optional inReach weather forecast service provides detailed updates directly to your inReach Mini or paired device; basic and premium weather packages available
- Send and receive inReach messages through compatible Garmin devices, including connected wearables and handhelds
- Internal, rechargeable lithium battery provides up to 90 hours of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode
Track your location, and share it with those at home or out in the field so they can see your progress or ping your device for your GPS location and more (satellite subscription required).
INTERACTIVE SOS ALERTS
In case of emergency, trigger an interactive SOS message to GEOS, a professional 24/7 global monitoring and response center (satellite subscription required).
Exchange text messages with loved ones, post to social media, or communicate inReach to inReach in the field (satellite subscription required).
100% GLOBAL IRIDIUM SATELLITE NETWORK
Instead of relying on cellphone coverage, your messages, SOS alerts and tracking are transferred via the global Iridium satellite network (satellite subscription required).
INREACH WEATHER FORECAST SERVICE
Get detailed weather updates on inReach Mini or a compatible device. You can even request forecasts for your current location or other waypoints or destinations on your itinerary.
COMPACT, RUGGED DESIGN
Don’t let the 4” x 2” size and 3.5 oz weight fool you. inReach Mini is tough, durable, impact resistant (MIL-STD-810F) and water-rated to IPX7.
FLEXIBLE SATELLITE AIRTIME PLANS
To access the Iridium network and communicate with your inReach Mini, an active satellite subscription is required. You can opt for an annual package or a month-to-month plan
CLOUD STORAGE AND TRIP PLANNING
Get free access to the cloud-powered Garmin Explore™ website to plan your trips, create preset messages and quick texts, sync and manage your device settings and much more.
The internal, rechargeable lithium battery gives you up to 90 hours’ use at the default 10-minute tracking mode and up to 24 days in power saving mode.
OTHER GARMIN DEVICES
Remotely control inReach Mini to send and receive messages using compatible Garmin handhelds, wearables or other mobile devices.
GARMIN PILOT™ APP
Pair with the Garmin Pilot app to easily send and receive text messages from the cockpit — even without cellular reception. The app can use the inReach Mini device’s GPS position and location sharing abilities for your flight.