California Section C (Sec Dist-132.5mi) / Interstate 10 to Interstate 15 (Cajon Pass, CA) / LEG 7
- Viewing: Interstate 10 to Hwy 18 (Big Bear, CA) (266mi) Leg 7-Sec C
- Hwy 18(Big Bear) to Interstate 15 (Cajon Pass) (342mi) Leg 8-Sec C
Back To Section: Table of Contents > Trail Notes Directory / California Section Posts /
This section should be 4 days and you can see the climb out of Cazabon for us.
- Leaving Cabazon is uphill. I’m sure we will go 10 miles and sleep at the 219 mi marker. Second day leaving Cabazon will be a farther push with a 15 mile day to get to the 235.5 mi marker.
Day 3 of this leg will have us push for 20 miles with us trying to get up early and start hiking when it’s cooler. We will Zero in Big Bear to rest up our “rookie” legs. We will camp at the 256-mile marker.
Day 4 Below will be a 10-mile hike where we can camp before the hitch to Big Bear. We will rest up so the following day we can get into Big Bear to run errands and resupply.
Towns/Points Of Interest:
Big Bear Services:
- Big Bear on Google Maps
- Big Bear Travel Tourism Website
- International Travellers House (Hostel) 657 Modoc Drive Big Bear Lake, California 92315
- 2DO: Add all the places to eat and anything to do in Big Bear