California Section A: Campo, CA – Warner Springs, CA
- Campo (Mexican Border) to Lake Morena – Leg 1 is 20miles
- Lake Morena to Mt. Laguna – Leg 2 is 22.8 miles
- Mt. Laguna to Scissors Crossing (Hwy 78 to Julian) – Leg 3 is 34,2 miles
- Viewing: Julian to Warner Springs – Leg 4 is 32.5 miles
Back To Section: Table of Contents > Trail Notes Directory / California Section Posts /
Our Notes on the route between Julian and Warner Springs:
- When we leave Julian late in the morning and we go around 13 miles, we have several campsites on the saddle of the ridge around mile marker 86, 88. If we can go for 15 miles we can camp at mile marker 91.2 or 94.4
- It should be really windy on this section of the trail. Windy at night also so maybe earplugs would be a good idea to help sleep with the flapping of the tent.
- Just thinking out loud… should my Toronto Raptors, NBA Champion hat go on my trip? 😉
- It will be kind of cool to go past the 100-mile marker. Do we celebrate?
- This leg should take us 2.5 days. When we get to Warner Springs we will resupply for the next leg.
- Eagle Rock is at 106.2 (shown below which will be 3 miles before we get to Warner Springs
About Warner Springs, California:
Warner Springs is a very small community 1.2 miles E of the PCT on Hwy 79 with a hikerfriendly community center, resort, golf course, occasional sdmts.com bus service, and post office [760-782-3166].
The Warner Springs Ranch Resort [warnerspringsranchresort.com, 760-782-4200] has
reopened following bankruptcy several years ago. The resort has new owners, see web site for the latest updates.
The Warner Springs Community Resource Center [760-782-0670; about 100 yards E of the PCT at the first crossing of Highway 79] has been very hiker-friendly the past few years offering hikers water, computer use, WiFi, charging stations, camping, food, and a small but surprisingly well-stocked hiker resupply store. contact email: WarnerResourceCenter@gmail.com Resource center website: wscrcenter.org
We will take a zero here and camp under the oak trees for free and edit videos and upload to YouTube and a Podcast.
We will charge our devices and do some laundry in the washtub outside and do what all the hiker trash do… put the laundry out to dry while we wear some loaner clothes in the hikerbox while we wait.
Warner Springs Post Office [M-F 8-11 & 11:30-4, Sa 8-1:30]:
c/o General Delivery
Warner Springs, CA 92086
This completes Section A of the PCT.
- Map for this section: Google Map Link /