- Cleaned up the website and started posting to our new Facebook Page that friends and family can like + follow to keep track of our planning and thru-hike.
- Ordered a rain jacket for myself + Chantal from The Last Hunt. (show above/below)
- Ordered a Sawyer Squeeze to clean our water we pull from streams and lakes. Will test it out and pick up a second one closer to the hike. You can screw it on a smart bottle or a 3L bladder.
- Pacific Crest Trials arrived and I’m going to read it first and make some notes. I’ll pass it to Chantal when I’m done. Just started reading it and making notes.
- Ordered some Mini Moo Cards from Moo for me and Chantal. I also ordered some business cards to pass out around to hopefully cut some grass to help fundraise for some gear.
- Talked to a local vendor that does silk screening to make some T-Shirts + Hoodies to help with fundraising. They also do stickers and patches so we will look into that. We should be doing a test run near the end of the month.
- On my way to work, I’ve been listening to “The Attempt” podcast by The Trek. (above) It’s nice to get ideas for ours and listening to the production of it more.
Packages packages packages. Before the credit card bill comes I get excited for all the packages— PCTJSDOIT (@pctjsdoit) May 15, 2020
- I started working on Trail Notes for Section A of California. Here is Leg 1: https://hikethepct.ca/ca-section-campo-mexican-border-to-lake-morena-20mi-32-2km-leg-1 and here is Leg 2: https://hikethepct.ca/ca-section-20-42-mi-lake-morena-to-mt-laguna-leg-2 covering the first 40 miles.
As May wraps up, I started to build our gear list on a very cool website www.lightpacker.com and it’s a simple website. Here is our lists of our projected costs are. This list is new so I need to spend the time to looker for lower pricepoints that also deliver a high degree of Tech/LightWeight value to our hike. Dan’s Gear List | Chantal’s Gear List