The total Section H is from Crabtree Meadows (765 mile marker) to Hwy 120 (Tuolumne Meadows) (942 mile marker) which is a total of 177 miles for Section H.
- Side Trip: Summit Mt. Whitney (14,508 ft)
- Crabtree Meadows to Kearsarge Pass Trail (to Town Resupply at Independence, 788.9mi marker) Leg 15
- Forester Pass (Highest Point On The PCT) 13,120 feet above sea level
- Kearsarge Pass Trail to Muir Trail Ranch (857.7mi) Leg 16
- Glen Pass at 10,544ft
- Pinchot Pass at 12,093ft
- Mather Pass at 12,100ft
- Muir Pass at 11,995ft
- Viewing: Muir Trail Ranch to VVR Ferry Trail (Vermillion Valley Resort (878.7mi) Leg 17
- VVR Ferry Trail to Reds Meadow (Shuttle to Mammoth) (906.7mi) Leg 18
- Reds Meadow to Hwy 120 (Tuolumne Meadows) (942.5mi) Leg 19
Back To Section: Table of Contents > Trail Notes Directory / California Section Posts /
Mileage Markers / Elevation:
- This leg is two days to VVR. Starting off we will climb up close to 11,000ft to get over Selden Pass. If we go and move well.. we could get really close to VVR. If not we will camp hopefully around the 14 mile mark somewhere around mile marker 871.