EP1/Title: It’s Easy. All You Have To Do Is Talk
Date Published: January 5th, 2021 / Length: 20 Minutes / Hosts: Dan & Chantal Deveau / Guests: None /
Topic/Summary: A short introduction to start off the year and talk about us. In our next episode, we will dig deeper to break down the trail and our trip. We are practicing using Anchor to record and using Audacity to edit. We distribute our podcast via Anchor where 9 different podcast platforms pick it up like Spotify, Apple, and Google. So find us where you listen to podcasts and follow to be alerted when a new one drops.
- Opening Commercial: Mountain Equipment Co-Op
- Podcast Theme Song: Artist – Trampled By Turtles / Song: Wait So Long
- Canada Post Segment: I’ve bought lots of stuff. Go through our Monthly Journals of all the stuff we bought in 2020 here.
Main Segment Notes:
- More info and links to our individual social accounts can be found on our About Us Page.
- YouTube Vlogs that we have watched and recommend can be found here.
- Chantal said that the best dish she has had… was in a restaurant in Montreal and she had Spaghetti with butter.
- Chantal didn’t mention where she works… she works at DQ near where she lives so she eats tons of icecream.
- Dan talks about being bigger and out of shape as he has gotten older. This is where he stands right now. Getting in shape blog posts will come shortly as we move through 2021 for Dan.
- Dan talks about laying out our social media blueprint for how people can follow our planning and our hike when it happens. You can find all our links here.
- Dan mentioned his own personal blog that he uses to bookmark things can be found here.
- The book and movie called: Wild – From Lost To Found On The Pacific Crest Trail
- Jennifer AKA Starburst / YouTube Vlogger that inspired me to do this trip with Chantal
- Chantal watched a YouTube video with me. We watched the full 12min’s of this Youtube Video that covers from the Mexican Border to Lake Morena that covers 20 miles. After the video, she said that she could do the PCT and she thought that video was the entire 2,650-mile hike. When I told her it was only day 1 of about 5 months we laughed and laughed. As the video played we talked about the trail as it played before us. So funny.
- Sponsors for this show is Triple Crown Coffee, Purple Rain Adventure Skirts, and MEC.
Leave Us A Voicemail:
If you want to leave us a voicemail for us to answer on a future show… you can find that link here.
Rate Our Podcast:
Give us a rating or write a review here.
Support Us on Patreon:
- If you want to support our trip for as little as $1 or $3 per month on our Patreon link to unlock extra bonus goodies & information.
Thanks for listening! We are working on lining up guests to interview and we are working on Episode 2 right now 😉