Date Published: April 18th, 2022 / Length: 45 minutes / Hosts: Dan Deveau / Guests: Mandy Bland /
Please make note of the times of the little “segment chapters” below if you want to skip forward or to a certain point in the podcast.
So find us where you listen to podcasts and follow to be alerted when a new one drops.
- 0:00 / Purple Rain Adventure Skirts Commercial
- 0:48 / Podcast Violin Theme Song: Artist – Trampled By Turtles / Song: Wait So Long
- 1:39 / Dan’s opening and introducing Mandy
- 2:40 / Mandy’s segment starts just after our segway song from Dispatch titled “Only The Wild Ones”. They are at a hostel in Big Bear California and just about to pack up and get back on trail.
- 9:00 / Dan comments about the weight of having a two-year-old on Mandy’s back… in reference to an incredible family hiking with 3 small kids. Dan also comments about another family with two kids that is vlogging. Dan made a post that comments on the kids on trail including “Bedtime” which is Mandy’s son.
- Side note… the Mother of the family of 3 is going to be on our podcast soon.
Mandy was on our episode 10 talking about her family finally putting the business on autopilot and taking her family truck camping in Baja. You can listen to it here. (shown below)
- I love that when Mandy and Ryan get into town… Bedtime gets to get a new book and swap out the one he just finished reading.
Note: Mandy was on Erin’s podcast so if you wanted to take a deeper dive into her and her business.. the podcast below is great.
40:45 / Dan does a short closing. He thanks Shelly who has helped us on Patreon and supported us from the beginning. Ways you can support us can be found here. Dan talks about a Van Road Trip with his son. Our route is below:
- Our savings and projected expenses are listed here on our website.
- Dan asks for any questions so we can answer them. You can find the link to contact us here.
Thank you for listening and if you listened on Apple or Spotify, please give us a rating if you can and remember.
- Our Trail Lingo Episode
- Our own Trail Notes for the first 14 Sections
- Our Side Trips we plan to take
- Thru-R – The online community about new and alumni PCT hikers | Website
- Town Days On Trail
- YouTube Channels To Watch
- Our Gear List
- Pacific Crest Association’s Website
- Sponsors for this show are Triple Crown Coffee, Purple Rain Adventure Skirts, and Thru-r.
Leave Us A Voicemail:
Rate Our Podcast:
Give us a rating or write a review here. Hey!!!! You can now rate our podcasts right in the Spotify App and rate us from 1 to 5 stars. Would love for you to give us feedback on what you think of our podcast.
Support Us on Patreon:
If you want to support our trip for as little as $1 or $3 per month on our Patreon link to unlock extra bonus goodies & information.