Episode 16: Date Published: July 19, 2022 / Length: 1 Hour, 43 minutes /
Hosts: Dan Deveau / Guests: Hiker – Chris Pirrello from Triple Crown Coffee/
Please make note of the times of the little “segment chapters” below if you want to skip forward or to a certain point in the podcast.
So find us where you listen to podcasts and follow to be alerted when a new one drops.
- 0:00 – Podcast Violin Theme Song: Artist – Trampled By Turtles / Song: Wait So Long
- 0:57 – Dan’s short opening statement introduces today’s episode.
- 3:38 – Triple Crown Coffee Commercial
- 4:50 – Chris segment starts and runs for 64 minutes to the 1 hour and 9min mark. (After that is a segment with Dan & Chantal talking for about 33 minutes about Chantal’s summer trips to NYC and LAX)
- Dan talks to Chris about where he grew up, and his love for travel early in his life when he set off for Europe at 19 years old. This started a 10-year travel bug with him travelling around the United States in his VW Fox Wagon doing 30,000 miles. He also explored South East Asia which just vibes with me. I’m planning on taking my kids in 2026 over to Thailand and Vietnam. Chris has hit 6 out of 7 continents.
- 26:00 Chris talks about doing the AT in 2008 and that was his first thru-hike. We talk about hauling Guinness on the trail and how he got his trail name “Cookie Monster”. We talk about The Long Trail and how he needed to save more before doing the PCT which he did next.
- We continue and talk about him getting his triple crown which is just incredible.
- 45:00 We talk about trail magic and how Chris does trail magic for Triple Crown Coffee. We now shift into acquiring TCC. We talk about the small size of the company and Chris’s goals.
- 1:09:00 – Chris’s segment is wrapping up.
- 1:09:40 – Dan’s intro into the two little segments that he recorded with Chantal covering her summer trip to NYC. Dan had a gummy and we giggle and talk about her trip. Then in another recorded segment is Dan asking Chantal about her trip to California. This is a little bonus segment and we felt it would be good to put it after Chris’s segment
Thanks for listening.
Next will be Alex on the Podcast
- Our savings and projected expenses are listed here on our website.
- Dan is always asking for any listener questions so we can answer them. You can find the link to contact us here.
Thank you for listening and if you listened on Apple or Spotify, please give us a rating if you can and remember.
- Our Trail Lingo Episode
- Our own Trail Notes for the first 14 Sections
- Our Side Trips we plan to take
- Thru-R – The online community about new and alumni PCT hikers | Website
- Town Days On Trail
- YouTube Channels To Watch
- Our Gear List
- Pacific Crest Association’s Website
- Sponsors for this show are Triple Crown Coffee, Purple Rain Adventure Skirts, and Thru-r.
Leave Us A Voicemail:
Rate Our Podcast:
Give us a rating or write a review here. Hey!!!! You can now rate our podcasts right in the Spotify App and rate us from 1 to 5 stars. Would love for you to give us feedback on what you think of our podcast.
Support Us on Patreon:
If you want to support our trip for as little as $1 or $3 per month on our Patreon link to unlock extra bonus goodies & information.