EP2/Title: Oh Ya! Get Me The Spork – The Planning
Date Published: January 26th, 2021 / Length: 67 Minutes / Hosts: Dan & Chantal Deveau / Guests: None /
Topic/Summary: A longer introduction to the trail itself. We cover the history and facts of the PCT and the PCTA as well as an inside look at our hike. This is a two-part episode and the next one will go into the other topics about hiking the full Pacific Crest Trail. We are practicing using Anchor to record and using Audacity to edit. We distribute our podcast via Anchor where 9 different podcast platforms pick it up like Spotify, Apple, and Google. So find us where you listen to podcasts and follow to be alerted when a new one drops.
- Podcast Theme Song: Artist – Trampled By Turtles / Song: Wait So Long
- Chantal’s Long Spork
- Chantal’s working at DQ in Ajax.
- Pacific Crest Association’s Website
- Timberline Lodge AYCE Buffett: TripAdvisor Link | Official Website
- My nickname for Chantal is “Boo” since she was a baby.
- Animals on the PCT
- Our Tent: The Bear Hot Pocket
- Trail Names & Trail Name Generator
- Our YouTube Video with planning out the first two months
- Trail Lingo
- Our own Trail Notes for the first 14 Sections
- Side Trip to Yosemite
- Our Side Trips we plan to take
- PCT Challenges
- Hiking the PCT in 2020
- Thru-R – The online community about new and alumni PCT hikers | Website
- Wild (Book) | Cheryl’s Website
- Thru-Hiking Will Break Your Heart (Book) | Amazon
- Pacific Crest Trials (Book) | Amazon Link
- Our Cooking System
- Town Days On Trail
- YouTube Channels To Watch
- Our Gear List
- Sponsors for this show is Triple Crown Coffee, Purple Rain Adventure Skirts, and MEC.
- Our Patreon link can be found here.
- If you want to leave us a voicemail for us to answer on a future show… you can find that link here.