Quick Episode Flip <Go Here To Our Website To Select A Different Episode>
EP3/Title: Daddy Likes To Talk – The Planning Continued
Date Published: Feburary 10th, 2021 / Length: 63 Minutes / Hosts: Dan & Chantal Deveau / Guests: None /
Topic/Summary: A longer introduction to the trail itself. This is part two of that long conversation and in this episode, we finish with the finances of the trail and the dangers. This is a two-part episode. Check out episode 2 if you have not done so. We are practicing using Anchor to record and using Audacity to edit. We distribute our podcast via Anchor where 9 different podcast platforms pick it up like Spotify, Apple, and Google. So find us where you listen to podcasts and follow to be alerted when a new one drops.
- Podcast Violin Theme Song: Artist – Trampled By Turtles / Song: Wait So Long
- Podcast Theme Song: Artist – Dispatch / Song: Only The Wild Ones
- Pacific Crest Association’s Website
- Chantal’s room is going to be all white and full of plants.
- Chantal’s deactivated Instagram (which I’m bugging her to activate)
- My nickname for Chantal is “Boo” since she was a baby.
- Dan’s fancy scale from Amazon / Tracking how much Dan’s weighs
- Dan is doing Yoga for Beginners with Leslie Fightmaster
- Spreadsheet and Finances of Savings and Expenses
- Prime Minister of Canada
- Adding in links tonight to the show notes. Please come back
- Trust the Trail Podcast: Ep 173 The Debate On How to Hydrate
- Guthook App for Navigation and for hiker advice using the comments about towns and information
- Paradise Cafe Burgers 😉
- REI Garage Sale
- Places I bought from / The Last Hunt / Valhalla / Sail.ca / Atmosphere
- Seezle / Paybright is the two payment deferral plans offered by some retailers.
- Accident on the Pacific Crest Trail / Video about it /
- A must listen. Listen to Doug Lahar talk about Trevor. Backpacker Radio – Great podcast. Listen to Erin talk with Doug also. Trevor is the PCT hiker that slipped and fell to his death in March 2020. Both are a must-listen.
- Trail Lingo
- Our own Trail Notes for the first 14 Sections
- Our Side Trips we plan to take
- Thru-R – The online community about new and alumni PCT hikers | Website
- Town Days On Trail
- YouTube Channels To Watch
- Our Gear List
- Sponsors for this show are Triple Crown Coffee, Purple Rain Adventure Skirts, and MEC.
Leave Us A Voicemail:
If you want to leave us a voicemail for us to answer on a future show… you can find that link here.
Rate Our Podcast:
Give us a rating or write a review here.
Support Us on Patreon:
If you want to support our trip for as little as $1 or $3 per month on our Patreon link to unlock extra bonus goodies & information.
The Next Episode:
Thanks for listening! We are working on lining up guests for interviews over the next couple of episodes. In the next episode, we will cover trail lingo and we will introduce to you someone who will be hiking with us in the first month.