Quick Episode Flip <Go Here To Our Website To Select A Different Episode>
Episode 30: Date Published: Feb 25th, 2023 / Length: 1 hour + 26 minutes / Hosts: Phyllis Mueller, Chief Of Staff for Mayor Max III
Please note the times of the little “segment chapters” below if you want to skip forward or to a certain point in the podcast.
We are practicing using Anchor to record and using Audacity to edit. We distribute our podcast via Anchor where 9 different podcast platforms pick it up Spotify, Apple, and Google.
So find us where you listen to podcasts and follow to be alerted when a new one drops.
- 0:01 / Audio clip from the movie “The Mayor” (Note: the password is “mayormax” to watch)
- 0:28 / Audio from our episode with Mallory & Luke from episode 28
- 1:32 / Opening violin theme song with our three sponsors Triple Crown Coffee, Purple Rain Adventure Skirts and Thru-R then our opening song always playing before the guest… it’s from Dispatch with their song “Only The Wild Ones“
- 2:10 / Episode starts after our always-used segway with the artist Dispatch with the song “Only The Wild Ones”
- 2:50 / The episode starts and Phyllis is under the weather and recovering from home. The audio is a tiny bit glitchy. They talk about how they met. She talks about her getting dogs and how she moved to Idyllwild, California.
- You can hit the Mayor’s website here. You can find them on Instagram here. You can hit them on Facebook here.
- 7:45 / Audio clip from the film linked above “The Mayor” about how they entered the contest.
- They talk about the process of joining the contest and having Mayor Max (The First) win and become mayor.
- We talk about so many things and she talks about the 10,000 calendars she makes and sends out and gives away as a gift from the Mayor’s office.
Here is the Mayor’s Campaign Platform:
- 12:00 / Phyllis talks about the passing of Mayor Max II that happened at the end of July 2022. She will talk about it more and how she and her husband.
- Animal Rescue Friends of Idyllwild can be found here.
- 30:00 / Dan asks Phyllis what is it like to live in Idyllwild.
- We also talk about the different towns or cities that she visits when she needs more from the surrounding area.
- We keep talking about different things… Not too many links in this episode. Enjoy it. It’s nice to listen to more of the backstory with her and her husband Glenny as Phyllis calls him.
- 52:00 / Dan tells the story about Mike who messaged us and offered us to hang out in his summer home in Idyllwild when we hike. This would be an incredible offer and we would love to and hope we can connect more with him and
- 54:00 / Another small audio clip from the movie “The Mayor” is listed above in this post. Check it out and don’t forget the password is “mayormax” to watch the movie.
- 1hr 25min / Triple Crown Coffee commercial. Chris’s segment starts and runs for 64 minutes to the 1 hour and 9min mark in episode 16. He owns Triple Crown Coffee.
Thanks for listening.
- Our savings and projected expenses are listed here on our website.
- Dan is always asking for any listener questions so we can answer them. You can find the link to contact us here.
- Our Trail Lingo Episode
- Our own Trail Notes for the first 14 Sections
- Our Side Trips we plan to take
- Thru-R – The online community about new and alumni PCT hikers | Website
- Town Days On Trail
- YouTube Channels To Watch
- Our Gear List
- Pacific Crest Association’s Website
- Sponsors for this show are Triple Crown Coffee, Purple Rain Adventure Skirts, and Thru-r.
Leave Us A Voicemail:
If you want to leave us a voicemail for us to answer on a future show… you can find that link here.
Rate Our Podcast:
Give us a rating or write a review here. Hey!!!! You can now rate our podcasts right in the Spotify App and rate us from 1 to 5 stars. Would love for you to give us feedback on what you think of our podcast.
Support Us on Patreon:
If you want to support our trip for as little as $1 or $3 per month on our Patreon link to unlock extra bonus goodies & information.