EP4/Title: The Chaperone
Date Published: April 28th, 2021 / Length: 28 Minutes / Hosts: Dan & Chantal Deveau / Guests: Heidi /
Topic/Summary: In this episode, our goal is to introduce one of Dan’s friends who is going to come out and hike with us for the first month of the PCT. We were going to record a trail lingo segment after introducing Heidi but Chantal didn’t have that much time to record, so we are recording that now and will drop it as episode 5 dropping soon.
We are practicing using Anchor to record and using Audacity to edit. We distribute our podcast via Anchor where 9 different podcast platforms pick it up like Spotify, Apple, and Google. So find us where you listen to podcasts and follow to be alerted when a new one drops.
- 0:11 / Podcast Violin Theme Song: Artist – Trampled By Turtles / Song: Wait So Long
- 0:44 / leave us a voicemail for us to answer on a future show… you can find that link here.
- 2:01 / Podcast Segway Theme Song: Artist – Dispatch / Song: Only The Wild Ones
- 3:05 / Our Social Metrics you can find at the bottom of this page.
- 3:20 / Chantal just got her G2 Ontario drivers Licence.
- 4:40 / Chantal’s room is going to be all white and full of plants. Her new desk is still on backorder. Pictures below of the room reno.
- Chantal’s deactivated Instagram is now active as an update from a past podcast.
- My nickname for Chantal is “Boo” since she was a baby.
- 5:20 / My birthday was April 5th and next year is the big party night when covid is hopefully over.
- 5:50 / I travelled with the kids to Lisbon, Portugal and it was my second time going. I would go back again. Great city. You can catch our 2019 Europe trip on my personal vlog here.
- 6:20 / Heidi’s intro to the podcast.
- 9:00 / Introduced Heidi to the PCT by making her watch Elina on YouTube and her vlog.
- 10:45 / Our Patreon page where Cara, Michelle and Heidi and others are founding members.
- 16:48 / Carol’s Thru-r community she has created that we reference can be found here.
- 17:30 / Nutella that the ladies like.
- 19:00 / Mary Poppins that Heidi references and I reference that Heidi has Mary Hair and she needs a ponytail so she doesn’t blow away is Mary Mansfield from the UK shown below. Mary hiking the PCT inspired Heidi and she could see herself hiking it also.
- 20:00 / Stay Dirty Video from the Whimiscal Woman is the video that Chantal could not watch.
- 21:30 / Heidi’s Lighter Pack showing her gear as it stands now… can be found here.
- 22:10 / Silent Lake Provincial Park in Ontario
- 23:00 / Private Group on FB for Canadian’s hiking the PCT. Join if you are from Canada.
- 23:10 / Provincial Park we mention near Kingston, Ontario that has good trails is Charleston Provincial Park. As we as the Rideau Trail that runs between Kingston and Ottawa in Ontario is of interest to Heidi to test out her legs and her pack to see if they work together.
- 25:00 / One of Heidi’s Daughters has a cool little online store Emmie’s side hustle on Etsy.
- Heidi and her two Daughters… Emmie on the far left and Chloe.
- 26:00 / Closing Segment song is by X Ambassadors and it’s called Renegades and it’s the slowed and reverbed version.
- 27:00 / Closing talking about the next segment will be the trail lingo episode out soon with the 3 of us. with Jessie Woods’s song called 1000 Miles from Nowhere that closes out this shorter episode.
- Trail Lingo
- Our own Trail Notes for the first 14 Sections
- Our Side Trips we plan to take
- Thru-R – The online community about new and alumni PCT hikers | Website
- Town Days On Trail
- YouTube Channels To Watch
- Our Gear List
- Pacific Crest Association’s Website
- 0:45 Sponsors for this show are Triple Crown Coffee, Purple Rain Adventure Skirts, and MEC.
Leave Us A Voicemail:
Rate Our Podcast:
Give us a rating or write a review here.
Support Us on Patreon:
If you want to support our trip for as little as $1 or $3 per month on our Patreon link to unlock extra bonus goodies & information.
The Next Episode:
Thanks for listening! We are working on lining up guests to interviews over the next couple of episodes. In the next episode, we will cover trail lingo and we will introduce to you someone who will be hiking with us in the first month.