Dan & Chantal’s GEAR LIST & TOTAL COST on LighterPack:
View the full breakdown of all our gear by clicking here –>> Dan’s Full List AND Chantal’s Full List.
Outer Layer Dan:
Outdoor Research Helium II Jacket
MSP: $219CAD / Purchased for $143CAD
Manufacturer Specs/Write Up
The men’s Helium II jacket was designed for flash-storm protection when out on an exposed trail. At only 180-grams, this rain shell packs away into its own inner pockets, becoming the size of an apple. It’s made of waterproof and super-breathable Pertex Shield+ 2.5-layer fabric, which has a surprisingly strong 30-denier face fabric. This rain shell’s seams are also fully taped to ensure the most weatherproof seal.
- Pertex® Shield+ 2.5L
- Waterproof, breathable with taped seams
- Adjustable hood
- YKK® AquaGuard® front zipper
- Zippered napoleon pocket
- Inner pocket doubles as a stuff sack
- Elastic sleeve cuffs
- Drawcord hem
|Materials||[body] Pertex® Shield+ 2.5L with 30D ripstop face – 100% nylon|
|Weather Resistance||Sufficiently waterproof, highly breathable, wind-resistantFully taped seams|
|Length||Centre back: 28 ½” / 72 cm|
|Pockets||[exterior] 1 zippered napoleon pocket[interior] 1 pocket doubles as stuff sackCarabiner loop|
|Recommended Use||Hiking, Wet Seasonal Weather, Rainy Outdoor Adventures|
Lightweight, Warm Down Puffy
Rab – Microlight Summit Jacket – Men’s – Deep Ink (Reg: $458CAD – Paid $226CAD)
- Microlight Summit is a streamlined technical jacket for when weight is a concern but function is paramount.
- 455g / 16oz
- Insulation – 750FP R.D.S. Certified European Goose Down
- Pre baffled seamless build Pertex® Quantum Infinity Weave
- 750FP R.D.S. Certified European Goose Down
- Rab® Fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax®
- Stretch nylon cuff allowing sleeves to be rolled up
- Full helmet compatible hood with laminated brim and flexible polymer peak
- Internal stretch bound hood seams to reduce hood size when worn without a helmet
- Internal stretch hood gaiter to seal out wind and improve fit around face
- 2 way YKK® VISLON® front zip with insulated zip baffle and chin guard
- harness compatible hand pockets
- YKK® reverse coil zipped pocket
- Stuff sack
Fleece Jacket / Oregon & Washingon
Nike ACG Jacket ( Reg $212CAD – Paid $106CAD)
Fabric: Body/lining insets: 100% polyester. Pockets: 95% nylon/5% elastane
- Colour Shown: Imperial Blue/Habanero Red/Black
- Style: BQ3446-411
- Ultra-soft, fast-drying and durable fleece helps keep you warm. A seasonal print is pulled from the Nike ACG archives.
Dryzzle Full Zip Gore-Tex Pants
The North Face (Reg. $229CAD – Paid $103CAD)
The last day of the 55% off sale at The Last Hunt made me open the wallet. I was on the fence with adding the weight of these pants. Some hikers hike in shorts in the rain and then put something dry on at night. I think I will appreciate the warmth they will also provide me.
Body:50D 101 G/M² GORE-TEX® Paclite®100% Polyester With Durable Water-Repellent (DWR) Finish.
Avg Weight:295 G (10.4 Oz)
Hike through the drizzliest fall weather in these waterproof, breathable, lightweight GORE-TEX® shell pants featuring full-length side zips for superior ease of access.
Buff: (Wind Protection)
UV and Wind Protection for neck and head.
Sunglasses: Smith Optics Survey Sunglasses Matte Camo (Reg $119CAD – Paid $48CAD)
Dan picked up some sunglasses that I hopefully won’t lose before the trip. Wanted something to add some protection when we get into the snow and will also give eye protection a little when it gets windy. Picked this up at The Last Hunt website that was displaying a 55% off. They have a feature that you can split up the purchase over 4 two week periods so a little each paycheck went to the three purchases below.
More things will be added for Dan if purchased.
Outer Layer Chantal:
Rab Kinetic Plus Jacket
MSP: $299CAD / Paid $141
Manufacturer Specs/Write Up
The Women’s Kinetic Plus Jacket is a waterproof lightweight breathable stretch softshell the ideal outer layering piece for a range of mountain activities. Created with Kinetic Rab®’s innovative breakthrough in protection and flexibility this jacket uses our own Proflex™ fabric technology which has maximum built-in stretch to allow incredible freedom of movement when climbing and moving fast. With Kinetic for the first time, your outer protective shell clothing can have unimpeded mobility as well as incredible comfort and softness. Designed for day-long use in challenging changeable weather conditions the Women’s Kinetic Plus Jacket has a waterproof component hidden inside: a high-performance flexible membrane with a waterproof measure of 10,000mm and an exceptional breathability level in excess of 5,000cc/sqm/24hrs. The outer and inner layers of Proflex™ are engineered high gauge knits – the outer treated for water repellency the inner wicking to move moisture rapidly through the system. With A-line pockets and adjustable cuffs, this piece will transform the way you dress for the mountains.
• Weight 270g/9.5oz
• Proflex™ stretchy
• breathable and waterproof fabric allowing superb freedom of movement
• Breathable membrane and taped seams
• High gauge wicking lining
• Close-fitting stretch-on hood with laminated and stiffened peak
• 1-way YKK® AquaGuard® VISLON® front zip
• YKK® AquaGuard® A-line pockets
• Hook and loop adjustable cuffs
• Stitch-free hem and cuffs for comfort
• Fit: Slim
Chantal’s Ourdoor Research Bucket Hat
The shorter brim on the Sun Bucket offers UPF 50+ sun protection and remains stable in windy conditions. The draw cord adjustment and removable chin cord keep it comfortably snug when the wind picks up.