The total Section H is from Crabtree Meadows (765 mile marker) to Hwy 120 (Tuolumne Meadows) (942 mile marker) which is a total of 177 miles for Section H.
- Side Trip: Summit Mt. Whitney (14,508 ft)
- Crabtree Meadows to Kearsarge Pass Trail (to Town Resupply at Independence, 788.9mi marker) Leg 15
- Forester Pass (Highest Point On The PCT) 13,120 feet above sea level
- Kearsarge Pass Trail to Muir Trail Ranch (857.7mi) Leg 16
- Muir Trail Ranch to VVR Ferry Trail (Vermillion Valley Resort (878.7mi) Leg 17
- VVR Ferry Trail to Reds Meadow (Shuttle to Mammoth) (906.7mi) Leg 18
- Reds Meadow to Hwy 120 (Tuolumne Meadows) (942.5mi) Leg 19
Back To Section: Table of Contents > Trail Notes Directory / California Section Posts /
Mileage Markers / Elevation:
- We are planning 3 days for this leg towards Tuolumne Meadows (Hwy 120)
- Coming out of Mammoth is a detour worth checking out…. which is the Devils Postpile Monument.
- After that is up and over Donohue Pass
- Yosemitie would be up ahead so after going over Donohue I’m sure our eyes would be looking north and trying to figure out where Yosemitie would be and looking for the famous rock formations.