- Warner Springs to Saddle Jct (Devils Slide-Idyllwild) Leg 5 is 70miles
- Viewing: Saddle Jct. Idyllwild to Interstate 10 Cabazon Leg 6 is 30 miles
Back To Section: Table of Contents > Trail Notes Directory / California Section Posts /
Leg 6 from Idyllwild to Cabazon and Interstate 10 is 30 miles. We are expecting it to take 3 days with 1 day in Cabazon as a Nero. We hopefully will be climbing to summit Mt. Jacinto if the weather and snow conditions allow us to.
Daily hiking goals:
Day 1 = 5 miles and sleep at the base of Mt. Jacinto for next day summit.
Day 2 = 9-10 miles
Day 3 = 10-16 miles
Day 4 = Any miles needed to get into Cabazon and ride the day out as a Nero and camp on trail away from the noise of Interstate 10.
Side Trip Summit
After getting on the trail, we would love to summit this mountain if the conditions are not too dangerous.
Now for the hard part. From the summit of San Jacinto Peak, there are almost 9,500 feet of descent until you reach Interstate 10. This stretch of trail is one of the hardest. Not only is the descent brutal, but there is also no water from mile 186.2 until mile 205.7. Once you’ve made it to the interstate underpass you’ll likely be rewarded with some trail magic. Many hikers also choose to hitch to Cabazon for In-N-Out Burger.
- From what I have seen online that descending down as this sucks and it’s no fun. lol
This Leg stops at the 209-mile marker.
Mileage Markers / Elevation:
Towns/Points Of Interest Along This Section:
LOL there is none. You are just hiking to Interstate 10 where you can hitch into Cabazon or keep going.
- Cabazon on Google Maps (link)
- Cabazon Outlets (website) I don’t think we will need anything.
- Five Guy’s & Fries or McDonald’s. No thanks… what I want is below…
Except for… wait for it….
In & Out Burger
(Being Canadian… we need to taste them) We will need to hitch in to pick up some burgers to sample.