I love a good vlog to watch. One that captures your interest and gets you into the head of a PCT hiker who is also a good story-teller. Here is a handful of Vloggers who have a smaller amount of videos that I would like to share for you to get to know the trail a little better and also understand what this hike is about.
With the YouTube App on SmartTV’s or with something like AppleTV or a FireStick. I would suggest pulling up this playlist and streaming it on a TV.
We have created a public playlist so you can play them in a row or 1-3 sittings. So remember to shoot it from your phone to your TV or find it on our YouTube channel and you will see them in the ‘Playlist’ section.
These are the vloggers you need to view to understand better what the trail is about.
Below are the shorter vlogs that average 10-20 episodes to give you a summary of the PCT.
- Elina Osbourne’s 2019 PCT Hike: YouTube Playlist Link / 12 Video’s that is 2 hours and 30 minutes / Average Episode is 12 minutes long. / She also has a great summary film at 16 minutes long and is great to watch as a trailer.
2. Darwin’s 2018 PCT Hike: YouTube Playlist Link / 20 Video’s that total 5 hours and 45 minutes. Each episode averages about 16 minutes each. /
3. PCT Panda’s 2019 hike (Which he is still editing): YouTube Playlist Link / He has currently finished the hike and editing the videos. As of November 2020, he has 7 videos published and they are really well done. Each video averages about 7 min’s each and you need to subscribe to him and sit down and watch his first videos. My YouTube playlist gets updated with each video when it drops.
4. The Holeshoes 2015 PCT Hike (Which they started dropping this year and are still editing as 2020 wraps up): YouTube Playlist Link / They have been dropping videos from their 2015 hike. They filmed as they hiked but have been editing them as they reflect on their hike has made it a great series to watch. Just like PCT Panda above this. As of November 2020, they have dropped 13 videos to date. Each video averages about 7 min’s each and you need to subscribe to them and sit down and watch on your TV. My YouTube playlist gets updated with each video when it drops.
5. Ben Moster’s 2018 PCT Hike: YouTube Playlist Link / 11 Video’s that are roughly 22 to 26 minutes long / Break this one up into blocks of 2 or 3 and will take no time to get through this series
We will feature a page for PCT Doc’s on YouTube to sit down and stream on your SmartTV on the blog shortly.
We will also list below shortly the bloggers that made more content to document their hike of the PCT.
Jennifer aka The Whimsical Woman 2018 / 152 Videos / Each video 10 – 18 minutes long / Summary, Young woman recording each day using her phone hiking and talking filling you in on how she is feeling through the up’s and down’s. My goal is to fully watch this series with Chantal if she gives me that time to watch the series. It’s easy to get invested and I feel that I have already watched 60 sporadically when she was posting them. / Playlist goes in order / View Here
Carol aka Cheer (CC On The Trail) 2019 / 26 videos / Videos average 20-30 minutes / Nobo / Summary: Carol does a great job breaking down her days and also adding in photos that she took along the trail. Informative and easy to watch. / Playlist goes in order and she has other informative videos to help with your planning. / View Here
Kyle Gersman’s 2020 hike – covers 33 videos after his intro video and some gear vids. Each video is around 15 minutes long. / View Here
Mari Johnson’s 2019 hike – covers 36 videos of Mari hiking with her partner. Her videos average about 20 minutes each. / View Playlist Here
IBTat’s 2019 hike – Love him or hate him… he has a unique style and does a really good job at covering the trail. 166 videos with lots of F-Bombs for Grandma / View his Playlist here.
Mary Mansfield 2019 / 181 Videos / Each Video is around 11 – 15 min’s long. / Summary: Woman from the UK hiking NOBO Solo. / Playlist on her channel goes in order / View Here