The total Section H is from Crabtree Meadows (765 mile marker) to Hwy 120 (Tuolumne Meadows) (942 mile marker) which is a total of 177 miles for Section H.
- Side Trip: Summit Mt. Whitney (14,508 ft)
- Viewing: Crabtree Meadows to Kearsarge Pass Trail (to Town Resupply at Independence, 788.9mi marker) Leg 15
- Forester Pass (Highest Point On The PCT) 13,120 feet above sea level
- Kearsarge Pass Trail to Muir Trail Ranch (857.7mi) Leg 16
- Glen Pass at 10,544ft
- Pinchot Pass at 12,093ft
- Mather Pass at 12,100ft
- Muir Pass at 11,995ft
- Muir Trail Ranch to VVR Ferry Trail (Vermillion Valley Resort (878.7mi) Leg 17
- VVR Ferry Trail to Reds Meadow (Shuttle to Mammoth) (906.7mi) Leg 18
- Reds Meadow to Hwy 120 (Tuolumne Meadows) (942.5mi) Leg 19
Back To Section: Table of Contents > Trail Notes Directory / California Section Posts /
Mileage Markers / Elevation:
- We will plan to tackle this next leg in 2-3 days.
- We will rise up and have some tough river corossings on the way to go over Silver Pass and Goddall Pass and then head down into Cascade Valley. Our goal is 15 miles the first day. Day two will be heading down towards Red’s Meadow where we can get off trail and head to Mammoth Lakes which is 14 miles NE to resupply.
- If we make it in two days… great… if not… we can take 3 days.